Friday, February 8, 2013

View from the top

Before we left Davis Mountains state park, we drove up the park's Skyline Drive to the top of one of the peaks.  Our family members will know that Terry is afraid of heights.  I told her I'd go by myself, but she decided to go.  Seeing this at the start didn't help her.



The road itself and the various rest room and overlook buildings were all built by the Civilian Conservation Corps during the Depression.  Actually I think the entire park was developed at that time.  Here are some photos from the top.  The photos always seem to flatten out the elevation changes, and I don't know what to do about it.  You'll have to take my word that it is a long way down.






View down on our campground.  Our site is marked by the arrow.


I realized we had not taken a shot together!  My little camera can't hardly stand on it's own on a table so we used Terry's.  I thought the wind was going to blow it off the tail of the truck.




No comments:

Post a Comment