Friday, January 18, 2013

Arkadelphia AR

Tonight we are in Arkadelphia, AR.  It's supposed to get down to 32F tonight, so not too bad.  We actually have running hot and cold water in the trailer.  We're living now!

The southernmost fifty miles of I57 in IL today was just thick with speed traps.  Fortunately in our rig speeding is not an issue.  We set the cruise on 62 mph (100 kph for you Canadians), and just roll along.  We get 10-11 mpg at that speed and it is stress free.

The truck only has a 26 gallon tank, and the low fuel light comes on after only 20-21 gallons are gone.  I've learned how to judge the mpg by the odometer vs. the gauge, so sometimes I tend to push the envelope.  This afternoon I thought maybe I went too far, but we made it.  And, shoving every last drop into the tank that woud fit, I only got 23 gallons.  Heck, we had another 30 miles before we would have been hitch hiking. :)

Tomorrow, on to South Toledo Bend state park in Louisiana.  Temperatures are looking good.

No comments:

Post a Comment