Thursday, January 31, 2013

Bird watching

Well still no photos due to lack of internet.  I need to try out the camera on this iPad. Don't make me explain.  It's just way easier to use this with its cellular data service when sitting in town.

Anyway, it's another beautiful day here in Rockport.  Uppers 60's, sunny, light breeze.  Terry and I went to a bird watching seminar last night, and this morning I went with the group of birders looking for woods birds in the park.  As an activity, it's a little slow for me personally, but it was still very interesting.  We saw at least two dozen species, and the highlights for me were very close sightings of:

Red shouldered hawk
Black crested titmouse (only found in Texas and south of the border)
Crested caracaras (sp?)
Buff bellied hummingbird
Brown thrasher

The others were your more run of the mill warblers, doves, sparrows, cardinals, etc.

Tomorrow we have to sit down and try to figure where we are heading from here on Sunday.  It's possible we might extend our stay here a few more days.

I'll try out this gizmo's camera and post some photos of the area.

No comments:

Post a Comment