Monday, January 21, 2013

Solitude

We had a beautiful day yesterday.  Sunny, calm, and 70 degrees.  The morning was spent sleeping in a little, then getting the trailer organized, shopping list made, those kinds of things.  We enjoyed the afternoon reading outside next to a small campfire, and generally puttering around.

There weren't many campers here over the weekend, but by the afternoon they were almost all gone home.  This is the view out the window on this misty Monday morning:


We hear hunters shooting outside the park nearby every once in a while.  Don't know if they are after deer or ducks.  Every morning just before dawn we hear owls.  I'm no expert but from prior experience I think they are screech owls.

PS, that is a camera phone photo.  The phone can move a photo to this blog with far fewer steps than if I use my camera.  So I'll try to use it more often.  The photos are not as vivid, but I will see how it goes.

1 comment:

  1. It's 2 degrees here... But on the bright side, your grand puppy loves it! Hope you guys are having fun!!!

    ReplyDelete